In the area of Real Estate law, the attorneys of McTaggart & Beasley represent developers, lenders, landlords, commercial tenants, investors, purchasers, sellers and brokers in a broad spectrum of real estate related transactions. These include property acquisition, financing, development, construction, leasing, management, sales and financing. Lender representation includes documenting loans secured by real estate. The firm’s experience extends to transactions involving a wide variety of properties including multi-family housing, office buildings, shopping centers, nursing homes, hotels, condominiums and multi-use developments. The representation often involves the formation of limited liability companies (LLC’s), corporations and partnerships, as well as advising clients on the appropriate entity to be used in connection with a transaction.
Among the many real estate transactions successfully handled by lawyers in the firm, a few examples include:
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of office buildings
- Purchases and sales of multi-family housing
- Purchases, sales and leasing of retail shopping centers
- Representation of lenders in preparation of loan documents
- Purchases and sales of hotels
- Negotiation of commercial leases on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Lease Enforcement
- Negotiation of office leases on behalf of small to mid-size businesses, doctors, and other law firms; and
- Representation of the North Texas Commercial Association of REALTORS®
Robert D. McTaggart is Board Certified in the area of Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.